Career Certification Program
The Rowland Unified School District Career Certification Program provides students the opportunity to earn a Certification of Completion in addition to their high school diploma in a multi-year sequence of courses that integrate core academic knowledge with Career Technical Education courses to provide students with a pathway to post-secondary education and careers.
CAREER CERTIFICATION PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
Students must first qualify to take the Senior Seminar course. To qualify, they must:
- Complete the pathway sequences of courses (2 courses)
- Earn a "B" average (80%) in one CTE core course
- Earn a "B" or better (80%) in one CTE advanced course
- To complete the Career Certification program, students must:
- Complete the Senior Seminar course qualification requirements (above)
- Earn a "B" or better in Senior Seminar
- Earn proficient evaluations from Professionals
The Mission of Rowland Unified School District is to inspire and educate individuals to realize their dreams and fulfill their responsibilities to society. The Career Certification Program aligns with the District mission by providing an opportunity for students to apply their high school learning to a broad-based career goal, using contextual learning experiences to connect academic studies with future career goals.
The goals of the Certification Program include:
- Developing the students sense of professionalism in their work, presentation and appearance.
- Developing the students transferable job skills that will benefit them in any career choice.
- Connecting students with industry partners to experience the work world outside of school.
- Assisting students to better define their career goals.
- Understanding the importance of life-long learning regardless of their career choice.